Product Feature: Tracking
View SMP and IMP Groups
Establish & Monitor Measurement Periods
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) forecasts
- Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) offers and responses
- Company and Individual Measurement Periods
- Employment Status and Special Cases (rehires, unpaid leave, etc)
- New Hire Status and Eligibility
- Easily establish and monitor Initial Measurement Periods (IMP), Standard Measurement Periods (SMP), Administrative Periods (AP), and Stability Periods (SP)
- Transition employees from individual Initial Measurement Period (IMP) to the company Standard Measurement Period (SMP)
- Establish and monitor Measurement Periods for separate categories of employees (salaried, hourly, union members, and employees in different states)
- Aggregate commonly owned entities
Q: What is Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC)?
A: The IRS provides detailed guidelines regarding Minimum Essential Coverage requirements. Click here to view the chart provided by the IRS.
Q: Will the ACA Management Tool® help me determine if I am an Applicable Large Employer?
A: Yes. After integrating your employee information in the ACA Management Tool®, you can quickly and easily determine if Applicable Large Employer status applies. Additionally, you can immediately determine which employees qualify for coverage, track the employees that are approaching the threshold, and generate the necessary IRS forms for reporting.
Q: Can your solution handle both measurement methods outlined in the Affordable Care Act regulation?
A: Yes. ACA Management Tool® allows an employer to track employees using either the Lookback Measurement Method or the Monthly Measurement Method. The system creates an audit trail by documenting all status changes at the employee level. The employer dashboard provides insight into employees that are near the threshold, at the threshold, or over the threshold of eligibility. The dashboard also alerts the employer to any upcoming events that are on the 30-day horizon (i.e. Measurement Period Ending, Administrative Period Beginning, IRS filing deadlines, etc.)